PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
HOW IS PERSONAL INFORMATION COLLECTED?
1. BY MAKING A RESERVATION When making a reservation it is necessary to have information in order to identify you, contact you and to process your purchase and requests.This information usually includes your name, address, phone number, e-mail address, credit card number(debit cards are not accepted) and expiration date, and language preference. It may also include, if you choose to share that information with us, your preferences regarding the delivery of your service such as type of room, type of bed. MAYAN MONK "A Mindful Lifestyle" is a family of employees that manage the properties for third party owners. Your personal information is shared with the third party owner of the property where you intend to stay and those of its employees involved in delivering the service to you to the extent necessary for them to do so and to process the transaction.
2. BY VISITING OUR WEBSITE
We may collect Personal Information when you make a reservation or
otherwise purchase goods and services from us, communicate with us via
online chat services, inform us of any special requests or preferences
you may have, or sign up for a newsletter or participate in a survey,
contest, or promotional offer. If you log in as a registered user, our
cookies may collect personal information for marketing purposes, and to
make content more relevant and easier to use. MAYAN MONK "A Mindful Lifestyle"
cookies are used to enhance your experience on our website and to
provide you with targeted advertising that may be of interest to you.
3. DURING YOUR STAY AT MAYAN MONK "A Mindful Lifestyle"
During your stay, we record your itemized spending to properly
assemble your folio, which sets out your room rate and other expenses
billed to your room. We also record this information to comply with
financial reporting requirements, including those imposed by auditors
and government regulators. We may also collect certain information as
required by local laws (e.g. passport number). Information particular to
your stay may also be stored (i.e. health issues, payment difficulties,
special requests, service issues). This stay specific information is
stored in the property management system and is combined with
information from previous visits that you have made. Certain information
regarding your service preferences is also stored centrally by us in
the guest history database. You may advise the manager if you do not
want personal preferences shared.
In addition, we may retain the content of any document (including letters, comment cards, electronic documents such as e-mails and other similar forms of communication) that you send us before, during or following your stay. This information may be shared with employees.
4. FROM OTHER SOURCES We may receive your Personal Information from other sources, such as public databases, joint marketing partners, and other third parties. This may include information from your travel agent, airline, credit card(debit cards are not accepted), and other partners.
WHY WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
1. TO ESTABLISH AND MAINTAIN A RESPONSIBLE COMMERCIAL RELATIONSHIP WITH YOU AND TO PROVIDE ONGOING SERVICE.
This personal information may include: Name, nationality, passport number, gender, home address, telephone number, email address, income, payment information, such as your payment card number and other card information (debit cards are not accepted), as well as authentication information.
2. TO UNDERSTAND YOUR NEEDS AND PREFERENCES
We maintain a record of the products and services you receive from us and we may ask for additional information so that we can serve you better. For example, we may record your preference for type of room. holiday preferences, amenities requested, ages of children or any other aspects of the Services used.
WHEN DO WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
1. CREDIT AUTHORIZATION
When you request credit, your personal information will be used and disclosed to appropriate third parties in accordance with applicable laws for the purpose of determining whether to grant and maintain a line of credit to you.
2. CONSUMER INSIGHTS
Where we hold personal information about you, we may disclose this personal information to other companies that also hold information about you. These companies may combine the information in order to better understand your preferences and interests, thereby enabling them and us to serve you better. If your personal information is used for direct marketing purposes, you have the right to object to that by contacting us using the contact information provided.
We may share personal information with the owners and operators of MAYAN MONK "A Mindful Lifestyle", owners of the properties that we manage but do not own, and timeshare or fractional ownership resorts that may individually or jointly use the personal information to provide you with services, personalization, and for the purposes described above.
4. LEGAL REQUIREMENTS
We reserve the right to disclose any personal information we have concerning you if we are compelled to do so by a court of law or lawfully requested to do so by a governmental entity or if we determine it is necessary or desirable to comply with the law or to protect or defend our rights or property in accordance with applicable laws. We also reserve the right to retain personal information collected and to process such personal information to comply with accounting and tax rules and regulations and any specific record retention laws.
HOW DO WE STORE PERSONAL INFORMATION?
1. MAYAN MONK "A Mindful Lifestyle" stores Personal Information in a secure database. We take steps to ensure that only designated individuals have access to this information. The stored guest profile information may include guest name, address, phone numbers, e-mail and credit card number(debit cards are not accepted). The guest profile may also include certain information regarding your service preferences.